2020 SIOP Congress to Take Place Virtually (Oct 14-17, 2020)
In light of the continuing uncertainty about the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on travel restrictions and physical distancing requirements throughout 2020, the SIOP Board of Directors has decided to hold the 2020 Congress as an entirely virtual meeting (October 14-17).
The planned Scientific Programme will be maintained with some modification to accommodate the change in format. Most keynote speaker, symposia and meet the expert sessions will continue as originally planned. Most speakers will be present in real time, thus allowing participants to ask questions. SIOP meeting attendees will have the opportunity to present their research through oral and poster presentations and to hear the latest updates. The abstract reviews are underway and SIOP is confident that we will offer a strong scientific programme, including many interactive ways for learning, sharing, networking and interacting with our sponsors.
As part of the 2020 Congress, the Education Day, Young Investigator Day, PODC Sessions, and the sessions conducted by Nursing, Pediatric Psycho-oncology (PPO), the Pediatric Surgeons (IPSO), and the Pediatric Radiotherapists (PROS) will also be conducted virtually with slight modifications. In addition, SIOP plans to conduct virtually the Industry Sponsored Symposia, the Exhibition and the Annual General Meeting (AGM), as originally planned.
As SIOP’s mission continues to focus on the global advancement of children with cancer and their families, our interest in the health and well-being of our members, many of whom are front-line providers, cannot be overstated.
Fees (in EUR) apply to payments received prior to the indicated deadlines.
SIOP/IPSO/PROS Member * - Physicians
SIOP/IPSO/PROS Member * - Other Professions, HCP ****
SIOP/IPSO/PROS Member * -
Low & Lower-middle Income Countries **
SIOP/IPSO/PROS Member * - Students/Residents/Fellows ***
SIOP/IPSO/PROS Member * - Parents (High & Upper-middle Income Countries)
SIOP/IPSO/PROS Member *- Parents (Low & Lower-middle Income Countries) **
Non Member - Physicians
Non Member - Other Professions, HCP ****
Non Member - Low & Lower-middle Income Countries **
Non Member - Students/Residents/Fellows ***
until SEPTEMBER 1, 2020
From September 2, 2020
* SIOP, IPSO and PROS Members: in order to apply for this category, please ensure your membership is approved and fees are paid for 2020 before you start the registration process. Registration will not be confirmed otherwise.
Join or renew your SIOP Membership – click here
Important! In order to benefit from SIOP Membership reduced rate – please apply for membership at least 5 working days prior to registration deadline.
** Low income & Lower-middle-income economies as listed here and defined according to the World Bank Country Classification. Click here to see the list of countries
***Students/Residents/Fellows – In order to benefit from the special fee, a submission of your status confirmation (approval letter signed by the Head of Department or copy of your status ID) must be uploaded during the online registration.
**** Psycho social workers and Health care professionals.
Fees for all Congress Participants Include:
- Open access to all presentations and session recordings. Create your own schedule, attend any and all of the sessions whenever and wherever.
- Network with colleagues. Browse a list of participants and click on their name to contact them.
- Earn CME credits. Participate in the scientific programme and be eligible to receive the number of CME credits attributed to the virtual meeting.
- Access all the e-posters. Browse research on the hottest topics published in the congress digital abstract book and connect with the abstract authors and other colleagues from around the world through the e-poster virtual consultations.
- Join the debate. Attend a session recorded and streamed live to allow participation delegates from all over the world to participate in live conversations.
- Give feedback. Use the short session surveys to rate the sessions and help us improve the overall quality of the programme.
- Visit the virtual exhibition hall. Journey through the exhibition booths, explore the displayed materials, contact exhibitors directly, and chat with other visitors.
Payment of registration fees (in EUR) can be made as follows:
By Credit Card:
Visa, MasterCard or American Express
By Bank Transfer:
- Additional 30 EUR handling fee is required.
- Please ensure that the name of the participant is stated on the transaction draft.
- Bank charges are the responsibility of the payer and should be paid in addition to the registration fees. Please make drafts payable to:
- Account Name: SIOP 2020 Congress (Account holder: Kenes International)
Bank details: Credit Suisse Geneva, 1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland
Bank Code: 4835
Swift No: CRESCHZZ80A
Account Number: 1500934-92-260
IBAN No: CH76 0483 5150 0934 9226 0
Registration will only be valid upon receipt of the full payment by the registration department according to the deadline indicated. An email confirming registration will only be sent after receipt of the required fees.
Outstanding payments will be collected and charged the late rate. A copy of the bank transfer (or other proof of payment) will be required in the event that registration fees were not credited to the Congress account on time.
Registration Cancellation Policy:
All cancellations must be electronically mailed. Refund of registration fee will be as follows:
- Cancellations received up and including September 2, 2020 – full refund.
- Cancellations received between September 3 until September 30. 2020 – 50% will be refunded
- As of October 1, 2020 – no refund will be made.
Note: in case of cancellation at any stage, Bank transfer handling fee (30 EUR) will not be refunded – applicable to Bank Transfer payments only.
For group registration (10 participants and more) please contact the registration department at: email@example.com
For inquiries, please contact:
SIOP 2020 Registration Department
Rue François-Versonnex 7
1207 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: + 41 22 908 0488
Fax: + 41 22 906 9140