Who are we:
SIOP is the only global multidisciplinary society entirely devoted to paediatric and adolescent cancer. The society has over 1,800 members in over 100 countries, including doctors, nurses, other health-care professionals, scientists and researchers.
- Our members are dedicated to increasing knowledge about “all aspects” of childhood cancer.
- We are linked to many other oncology healthcare professionals and organizations in both developed and developing countries.
- SIOP’s vision is that no child should die of cancer and that cure can be achieved with no or minimal late effects.
Why Support & Exhibit:
- SIOP 2021 promotes education about all aspects of Paediatric & Adolescent Oncology to all oncology professionals, parents and survivors of cancer.
- Our congress represents a unique opportunity to stay up to date in this rapidly moving field and to bring the latest science to bedside.
- Attendance of over 2,500 multi-disciplinary health care professionals from over 100 countries and hundreds of health care institutes, hospitals, universities and other organizations. These attendees are frequently decision makers at their institutions.
- SIOP 2021 encourages networking among our membership and attendees at our congress to promote collaborative research, mentor young investigators and offer education opportunities globally.
- We collaborate with many other specialties and sub-specialties. The range of supportive care and symptom management includes infectious diseases, nutrition, blood products, haemopoietic growth factors, immunodeficiency products, pain management and nausea.
Previous SIOP Congress Statistics:
STATISTICS FROM SIOP 2020 VIRTUAL
Participants by World Region
- Western Europe 29%
- North America 20%
- East Asia & Pacific 16%
- Africa & Atlantic 13%
- Central & South America 12%
- Eastern Europe 4%
- The Middle East 4%
- Central Asia 2%
Top 10 Countries
Participants by Professional Role
- Clinical Practitioner
- Clinician Researcher
- Resident/Research Fellow
- Nurse/Healthcare Practitioner
- Industry/Corporate Professional
- Basic Science Researcher