Don’t miss the SIOP Educational Day and Networking Events for Young Investigators
The SIOP Board and the SIOP YI-NET (SIOP Young Investigators Committee) have put together a programme specifically designed for Young Investigators.
Whether you are a clinician or a researcher, these sessions will enable you to interact with experts and fellow Young Investigators. Plan ahead to make sure you register for this day!
Educational Day Lectures and Workshops (Wednesday 23rd October 2019; 08:15 – 17:15)
To register for the Educational Day lectures and workshops, please go to the registration congress page here
See featured lectures:
- How I built a successful research career_ learning from my failures
- How to give a successful Academic Interview
- Peer review- from the Editor and Deputy Editor of Pediatric Blood and Cancer
- Predatory journals and the pressure to publish
- Ethical aspects of trials_ lessons learned from Precision Medicine
- Harnessing YI contributions to the WHO initiative
- Five years Collaborative Wilms Tumour Africa Project – mission, vision and lessons learned
- Joint YI/ PODC/ Nurses session on mentorship
Meet the Expert Lunch (Wednesday 23rd October 2019; 12:00 to 13:30)
- Brain tumour– Eric Bouffet (Canada)
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma– Christophe Bergeron (France)
- Psychooncology– Martha Grootenhuis (Netherlands)
- Leukaemia– Scott Howard (USA)
- Palliative Care– Matthias Schell (France)
- Supportive Care– Marianne Van de Wetering (Netherlands)
- Surgery– Sabine Sarnacki (France)
- Neuroblastoma– Akira Nakagawara (japan)
- PODC– Alan Davidson (South Africa)
- NHL in LMICs– Peter Hesseling (South Africa)
REGISTRATION is now open and available following the LINK.
*Please note that pre- registration is required for the Meet the Expert Lunch and space is limited! We recommend you register at your earliest convenience to guarantee your participation.
Junior Investigator Collaborative Event
The Junior Investigator Collaborative Event provides a unique opportunity for junior
investigators working in paediatric oncology to meet and interact with peers in an informal setting. This event is sponsored by the Texas Children’s Global HOPE Program. REGISTRATION details soon.
YI Programme Flyer available following the LINK
YI Programme at a Glance and Interactive Programme following the LINK
Please contact us by email